Drug and alcohol use among teenagers continues to be a raging and concerning issue. Teens aren’t just using the “traditional” substances that most parents also grew up with.
Synthetic drugs have hit the market. They can be easily purchased. This makes monitoring teens for drug use even more important. Prescription drug abuse is also increasing.
Just look at some of these statistics:
- In 2012, 6.5 percent of 8th graders, 17.0 percent of 10th graders, and 22.9 percent of 12th graders used marijuana in the past month, which is an increase among 10th and 12th graders from 14.2 percent, and 18.8 percent in 2007. Daily use has also increased. Now 6.5 percent of 12th graders use marijuana every day, compared to 5.1 percent in the 2007.
- In 2011, 11.4 percent of 12th graders—one in nine—reported using synthetic in the past year. This year 4.4 percent of 8th graders, 8.8 percent of 10thgraders, and 11.3 percent of 12th graders reported past-year use.
- In 2012, 14.8 percent of high-school seniors used a prescription drug (not prescribed for medical purposes) in the past year.
(source: National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2012 Monitoring the Future Study)
ARCpoint Labs of Dallas - White Rock Lake works with parents who suspect their teen of drug use or abuse. We can also assist school systems in need of a student drug testing program.
Come to ARCpoint Labs of Dallas - White Rock Lake for:
- To learn more about what testing methods are available
- To determine the appropriate drug test for the situation (standard testing will not detect synthetic drugs)
Learn More About Our Testing Services
Accurate. Reliable. Confidential Testing.